PRESSURE TANKS AND PRESSURE GAUGES
How to recharge a pressure tank:
Sometimes after a few years of use the pressure tank will lose internal pressure and not empty out all of the water inside the tank. Here is a way for you to repressurize the tank.
Steps to re-pressurizing tank:
1. Turn off water to unit.
2. Turn off tank ball valve.
3. Remove tubing from tank ball valve.
4. Remove tank from under sink and turn the tank upside down in the sink.
5. Open tank ball valve and let tank drain. Sometimes it can take 30 minutes for all the water to drain. You can speed up the draining process by adding air into the bottom of the tank. If all of the water does not drain out of the tank, it means that the bladder inside the tank has leaked and cannot be repaired. This will happen to all bladder tanks will eventually.
6. Once the tank is empty, use a tire pressure pump to pressurize empty tank with 5 to 7 PSI with the tank ball valve still in open position.
7. Re-install/re-attach tank.